Last month two of my dearest friends had a beautiful baby girl. They named her Avery Charlotte and she is absolutely gorgeous! I made this blanket for her. It is really simple to make and its beauty lies in the choice of yarn. I choose a super soft %100 merino wool. It was totally worth the splurge, the blanket turned out beautiful!
Inspired by Purl Bee’s Super Easy Baby Blanket I give you the Avery Blanket!
Yarn: Super Soft 100% Australian Wool 100g/ 10 ply
Needles: A US #7 circular needles, 24 or 32 inches long.
20 stitches and 20 ridges = 4 inches in garter stitch
Approximately 26 inches x 28 inches
- With a US #7 needle (or size required by you to acheive the correct gauge) and the first color, loosely cast on 130 stitches.
- Knit every row until there are 24 garter stitch “ridges” (1 ridge = 2 rows).
- Switch to the second color at the beginning of the next row, and knit every row until there are 24 ridges.
- Repeat with each color, making sure to always switch colors on the same side.
- After knitting 24 ridges with the 5th and final color, repeat the pattern one more time.
- After completing the pattern a second time, loosely bind off.
- Weave in the ends.