It’s Friday and weekends are meant for sweet treats like cookies! If I was not pregnant, I would tell you weekends are meant for cocktails. But this week, I am 24 weeks pregnant!
Check out my belly. It is starting to get big. Yesterday, a kindergarten kid looked at my belly, and told me I got fat over Christmas. I told him I ate too many many cookies. He proceeded to tell people that I got fat because I ate too many cookies. Yes that actually happened.
Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend? Eric and I are puppy sitting my favourite dog. I am also hoping to sew another set of crib sheets and to persuade my darling husband to hang the baby’s wallpaper!
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 0.25 cup granulated sugar
- 0.25 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cardamom, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and lemon juice and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough. Cut into circles (I used a water glass) and place cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the edges are just golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then move to a wire rack.
- Place the icing sugar in a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water and whisk until you have a smooth glaze. Drizzle the glaze on the cookies and enjoy!