It may not look like much but this peach, black berry and blueberry crumble was very yummy! The great thing about this crumble is it is easy to make and uses staple ingredients that I always have in my kitchen. Any fruit will do as a filling! Adapted from Canadian Living, here is my version of Peach Double Crunch Crumble.
Peach Double Crunch Crumble
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 peaches, chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add melted butter and mix ingredients together.
- Take square cookie dish and spray with cooking spray. Take half of crumble mix and press into the bottom of the pan to form a crust.
- Combine fruit in a bowl and set aside
- In a small sauce pan combine mix flour and sugar. whisk in water and lemon rind and brink to a boil whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium low and continue whisking until mixture is thickened and clear (about 5 minutes).
- Layer fruit over the crust, pour the sauce over the fruit and finish off by adding the remaining crumble mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.