This weekend I started my Christmas Cards. I know it is early but between now and Christmas, Eric and I do not have a single free weekend.
In terms of style, I knew I wanted to make cards that would be vibrant and sparkling. Sparkle and shine seems to be everywhere this holiday season, look no further than Pinterest! So in light of all things that glitter I came up with this bright and cheerful card!
- Card stock (I bought pre-cut and folded cards to save time)
- Paint Brush
- Exacto knife
Before I start the step-by-step instructions, I just want to give you an idea of what my desk looks like when I craft. What can I say? This girl knows how to make a mess.
Also, consider yourself warned, the sparkles will get EVERYWHERE. They are all over my house, in my nose and stuck to the clothes I was wearing. Word of advice: wear your painting clothes!
How to Make the Card:
- Put your letter down on the page, take out your paint brush and fill in the stencil in with glue.
- Carefully remove your stencil and place your card on a disposable plate. Don’t be an idiot like me and use your Denby. Seriously, what was I thinking?! The Denby is OK but seriously stupid decision on my part.
- Throw some sparkles over the glue and make sure the stencil is fully covered.
- Dump the sparkles off and see how it turns out.
- If you need to clean up the letter (the one above needs some serious touch ups), this is the time to do it. Use an Extaco knife to remove extra glue and sparkles, or use your paint brush to add more glue and sparkles.So there you have it! One card down, thirty nine to go!