A few weeks ago I mentioned that my new year’s resolution was to eat breakfast everyday. I took my lovely sister in law’s suggestion and decided to make my own granola. This granola is super easy to make and so tasty. Best of all it is not as sweet as many of the store bought varieties.
Granola With Cinnamon and Honey
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 dried cranberries
- 5 tablespoons of honey
- 5 tablespoons of olives oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all the dried ingredients (including the coconut and cinnamon but excluding the dried fruit) on a cookie sheet. Mix well and and smooth out over the sheet.
- Drizzle dry ingredients with honey and olive oil and mix again.
- Cook in the oven for 25 t0 30 minutes, taking the cookie sheet out to stir every five minutes.
- When the granola is golden brown remove from the oven, mix in the dry fruit and let it cool.
- Serve with milk of yogurt. This recipe makes a delicious breakfast