These chocolate chip cookies are easy to make and use basic kitchen staples. The best part about them is that you don’t need a hand mixer. I will warn you that the dough is very crumbly but have faith and the cookies will turn out just fine. This recipe will make 4 dozen cookies. I made 12 and froze the rest of the dough for another day.
This recipe is dedicated to EBN… I have been promising to make him chocolate chip cookies since January!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and molasses.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water.
- Add to batter along with salt.
- Stir in flour and chocolate chips.
- Form cookies into small balls and flatten into a disk shape.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool for two minutes on the cookie sheet and transfer to a wire rack.
If you want to freeze some of your dough and save it for later form the cookies as described above, freeze them on a cookie tray and transfer to a zip lock bag once they are frozen.