With all the blogging I have been doing I have become a little soft. While I am working hard and trying to cut some of the calories I eat, I have to admit that once in a while a girl still needs a treat. If you have a sweet tooth, try this banana bread. With less than 150 calories per serving it makes an excellent afternoon snack.
PS If you want to keep the calories down don’t smoother your bread in delicious butter like the above photo!
Soo good and yet soo bad!
146 Calories, Fat: 3.1g, Saturated Fat: 3.1g, Carbohydrates: 28.8 g, Fiber: 2.5 g, Sugar: 6.5g, Protein: 3.3g
- Granulated Sugar, 0.75 cup
- Applesauce, unsweetened, 0.25 cup
- Egg, fresh, 1 large
- Egg white, 2 serving
- Banana, mashed, 3 small
- Milk, nonfat, 0.25 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour, 1.66 cup
- Baking Soda, 1 tsp
- Salt, 0.5 cup
- Baking Powder, 1 tsp
- Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
- Rum, 1 tsp
- Cinnamon, 1 tsp
- Semisweet chocolate, 0.75 cup mini chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray large loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and applesauce until smooth.
- Add eggs, milk and bananas. Mix well.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, vanilla, rum and cinnamon until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.