In keeping with my New Year’s Resolutions, I am trying to cook quick, healthy and delicious dinners. These shrimp tacos certainly fit the bill. They are baked, crispy and low in fat. Best of all they are a simple weeknight dinner than can be made in about 20 minutes.
I like these tacos because they are flavourful without being too spicy. Heartburn is a major problem for me these days and miraculously, these tacos did not aggravate this particular pregnancy symptom.
- 1 bag of cooked frozen shrimp (about 30 shrimps)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp paprika (separated)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tps cumin
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 6-8 tortillas
- Any taco toppings you like!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Defrost, rinse and dry the shrimp thoroughly with paper towels.
- Whisk egg with 1 teaspoon of paprika and a pinch of salt. Pour over shrimp and toss to coat.
- Combine panko, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1 tablespoon of oil in a large Ziploc bag. Place shrimp in the bag and shake to coat the shrimp.
- Spread shrimp out on a baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until panko is golden brown.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions. Prepare your toppings while shrimp bake in the oven.